Wednesday, May 30, 2007

his amazing grace

"i'm just sharing, by far, my best miracle that made me have more faith in god. truly a demonstration of god's power and love."


the lord's amazing grace has touched my heart and our lives. i was never expecting any miracles to happen this big to us, but it did and i would like to share it to you.

the 2nd week of may was a critical week for us. it would determine whether nixon would still enroll in his school for the next term. it would determine whether tita juvs would need to find a new employer. it would determine whether i and my kids would go back home to pinas and i would have to look for a job there as well. it would determine whether dadi and ice should move out of our condo if that happens. it could affect both our families back home in pinas. and among other things, it would affect our savings for the future.

a week before that, ice, our housemate, and i had a chat. i told her the things that were bothering me and how it would affect everyone including her. she showed genuine concern and we both had a moment of prayer. she was doing a pray over for me. she asked god to give us strength and wisdom to withstand our trials at this time. she asked that my application be picked in the lottery and that i would be able to find a job that would best fit our situation and needs. and i told her that maybe even one request would be enough for us. ice said something that striked me a lot, she said, "god is a powerful god and he is a good god so if we need anything, we can just ask for them all.

guess what, last may 8 at 11:45pm, a call came in to tell me the news that my application was picked in the lottery and that the processing will now continue and i just have to wait til october for the papers to come out. i was jumping with joy when i knocked on ice's room that night even if she was already asleep. that same day also during the afternoon, i had a interview meeting with an agent who would find me a suitable job here in sg.

the following day, may 9, he emailed me about an interview with a prospective client and gave me the details. on may 10, i went to the interview and i was offered a job on the spot. that night i went knocking on ice's door again to tell her that it does happen. that god is really a powerful god and he granted all our prayers. it was also my sis berna's birthday so i called home and greeted her and told them about the good news. i thanked them also for praying for me and my family.

then on may 11, my previous agent texted me and told me that my documents and refunds were ready for pick-up. god is really good. he knew that we needed that extra money so come monday morning, may 14, the last day of enrollment, i was able to pay for nixon's tuition for the next school term. i can also send financial help to my siblings back home for their school tuitions.

god is good all the time, he never ceases to love us even in our most darkest hour. after realizing things about life, i never lost hope and i believed that god is going to provide and answer our needs. he will never abandon us, he may seem distant but he never forgets. he may not give us answers immediately, but he fulfills his promises in due time. praise god for he is the almighty father. thank you very much for all the blessings.

3 comments:

Rhonny25 said...

Youve been tagged!

Nyree said...

Hey, it's nice finding you on the net. It's been a while :) How are you? Hope everything's well.

It is true that God is a powerful God and that He provides for all our needs. Keep on keeping the faith! :)

Unknown said...

hey faye, done already =)

hi nyree, thanks for dropping by. yep we're ok so far and the kids are growing up fast. take care also!