Wednesday, May 23, 2007

fairy tales

i grew up with believing so much with a 'fairy tale' perspective. my idea of life was that there would be a really major obstacle that would greatly affect me and after defeating my foes, there will be a "happily ever after" scenario. eventually there would be other decision making challenges in the future but after conquering that major obstacle, the upcoming challenges would be lighter.

as i come of age in my twenties, i began to wonder where is that "happily ever after" thing going to happen to me. i mean i keep hitting on, for me what seems to be, my major obstacleS but it's not getting any lighter. then just recently, i started realizing that life is not like the one's we used to believe in fairy tales.

life is a continuous struggle to live and let live. dadi nino helped me through with that enlightenment. it's a process of learning and realizing your goals as you gain your wisdom. you make decisions and priorities according to people who will be affected and how it will make you grow as a person. so now, i don't ask dadi every now and then the question, "when will the struggles end?". i know now that life isn't life without the everyday challenges that we have to live by. the decisions, whether big or small, is always there to keep us into the action of life. we just have to mentally take down notes and learn from every experience. :)

No comments: