Thursday, June 08, 2006

blanked out

I was scheming through some of my friends' blogs. I was so amazed! They've started way over some few years back and all their experiences and memories were all logged down. So I went into panic. Damn, where should I start? I mean some had theirs done cronologically from the moment they stepped into the shores of Singapore. Some started from when they graduated from college, others from the beginning of their married life. Me? I don't have the tiniest bit of clue.. and it caused me to have eyebags the following day and trips to the pantry for coffee was inevitable. *This blogging thingy is not that easy ha..*

The first thought that came into my mind was to jot down about our love story. Then I came into a halt.. How the heck can I when we don't really have one? Then there was silence in my mind. I looked back on the years that has passed and peeped through every event that popped into my mind. I was trying to 'make' something out of nothing. But I guess I cannot fool myself. I have to admit that it happened so differently to me and NiƱo. We didn't go through the same traditional way of boy-meets-girl-they-fell-in-love-and-live-happily-ever-after thing. I felt glum for a while, feeling envy and hollow inside. Well you know, I do also have the 'hopeless romantic' bone in me somehow. But then maybe it wasn't for me. Maybe I have too strong for a character that I forced it that way unintentionally.

During my teenage years I also had that dream of being wooed by the tall, dark and handsome guy. We would go to the same school in college, graduate together and work together, get married, have kids.. *blah blah blah..* Typically thats how we see things when we were young. But as we grow wiser and older, unexpected circumstances bump us along the way and gets us off track. I think this is the best way to define my love story. I've had so many heartaches that I ended up finding the right one and tried my best *really* to be with him. *Yup, I'm talking about my hubby.*

When I fell in love with him, I have no tissue with his name, no encircled date on a receipt, no love song playing to remind me of that special day. The reason behind was that it all came unexpectedly. We started as bestfriends, so in my mind there was no telltale signs that I would fall in love with him. Yes, I do admire him but the idea of him being madly in love with another woman made me numb to cupid's arrow. As a friend, he was so thoughtful and caring.. sending text messages each day. He would always accompany me in the malls, we have movie marathons almost every weekend. We both like to be cool and we enjoy food trips. Most of the times, he would pay for the movies, while I splurge on food. But if its his payday, he pays for everything.. Neat huh?

So maybe there were some 'romantic notions' during our first few years.. I'll try extracting them as the days go by so I could put them all together here. Hurray! Mission accomplished! I am now ready to start recollecting my thoughts and putting all my memories together. Wooohhoooo!

No comments: