Sunday, November 23, 2008

today is a milestone

after 12midnight on this 22nd day of november year 2008, i sent a simple text message to my father. i greeted him a very happy birthday and i told him he's 59 and by january2009 i'll be 30. so i'm almost half of his life. i told him to take good care of his health and i thanked him. it touched my heart when he immediately replied to me, "thank u at ikaw sana matupad lahat ng pangarap mo. i'm proud of you, take care ka lagi jan." (thank u and i hope all your dreams would come true. i'm proud of you, take care always.)

i was teary-eyed... it was the first time in my entire 30years that my father told me that he is proud of me. we had gone through rough times together and after all these years, he finally sees me and i'm so moved by his words. he was never good at expressing himself, and i'm grateful for his courage.

to you papa, happy birthday and i love you always.

No comments: