Thursday, February 07, 2013

QT conversation with my 10year old

the 10minutes quality time i have with my boys is the best time of all my days... it's the time when we put them to bed at night. we usually have a chit chat before they go to sleep.

tonight was kinda special. my conversation with nixon is growing up.

me: good night baby... why are you so big and tall? please don't grow up so fast!

nixon: i will try *smiling*. and you know, you're different from other of my friends' moms.

me: really? how come?

nixon: well they tell them that they are big enough to own stuff

*i'm guessing this is about getting his own gadgets*

me: baby, i trust you. but i don't trust the people around you. there are bad people out there who would want to hurt you just to get your fone or playstation. we don't want to put you in that situation. and besides that, when you have more stuff, your life will be more complicated. grown-ups have that huge problem

nixon: yes like house, car, children, work, bills, debts, groceries, computers, iphone

me: yes you're right son! so why don't you enjoy life as it is right now, simple and easy. the less you have, the less your worries. just mind about your school, friends, books, tv shows, and boardgames

nixon: ok mummy... good night!

2 comments:

lengirl said...

ang daling kausap! :) it's awesome he thinks that way - i can imagine other kids would easily throw tantrums pag di nasunod ang gusto, but he's mature about it :)

Unknown said...

yes he is.. but, he would still mention it sometimes hoping siguro na we would give in some day.. persistence daw tawag nya dun haha!