Saturday, December 01, 2007

welcoming a break

Last Saturday, Nov. 24, our friend Ulrik has organized an event in The Arena at Clarke Quay. Out of no choice, he asked me to help in hosting few bit parts of the show. Our friends, Hani, Eram and Ami also helped Ulrik in the registration and selling out of show tickets. We arrived around 3pm on the venue then the show started around 4pm. There were lots of pinoy bands who graced the event and they really performed well. Among the band included was Ulrik’s group, Quiverpool... he was the drummer. My portion came before their set, I introduced one of the contestants in the 50 most gorgeous people here in SG. Her name is Jacyln Chan. She was there to promote herself and gather some votes from the audience. All I can say is that she’s smart and nice and beautiful. I got the chance to know her more backstage and after presenting her to the audience, we had some picture taking. There were also some invited models for the PinoyCSers members shoot. The ladies helped me hand out the prizes for the raffle draw and congratulating the stars of the night. It was pure music and fun all night.

After the show, we had dinner at Boat Quay. Finally, we had our chance for some peace and quiet. We had a delicious beef hotplate, baby kailan veggies, fried calamari and chicken ala max hehehe! We reviewed the event and planned some things to do in the next few weeks. All in all, it was a fun night, and the break was very refreshing. I miss hanging out with my friends. I'm very thankful for dadi's presence, it made the night much more fun and easy. He was so supportive that night and I know that he also enjoyed taking pictures.

at the stage with the models

backstage

at the vip lounge

at the registration booth

*from left to right* esther, naomi, natasha, jacyln and moi

No comments: